The Library has been serving the English-speaking community in the Geneva region since 1930. Originally known as the American Library, the name was changed to The Library in English in 2004 to reflect our desire to include all those who read in English, wherever they are from and whether or not English is their first language. The Library is staffed by volunteers.
The Library is located in the Emmanuel Church building, but is not itself a religious organisation.
We offer members access to:
- Around 12,000 books in English
- American and British bestsellers
- A large selection of quality books for children of all ages
- New adult and junior books added each week
- Travel guides
- Audio books
- Large print books
Thoughout the year a selection of second-hand books and a range of magazines are on sale in the Library.