The Library in English will reopen from 26 May on Tuesdays and Saturdays only from 13:00 until 16:00.
To ensure the safety of volunteers and members we request that you follow the social distancing guidelines. Please note the additional changes below:
- Library access will be limited to 4 members at a time, we therefore request that only one person per family come if possible and that the time spent in the Library be kept to a minimum.
- Building access will be from the side door of the Library facing the rue Docteur-Alfred-Vincent, please come in that way or follow the signs from the rue de Monthoux side around the church.
- Everyone entering the building is to use hand-sanitizer, which the Library will provide and wear a face mask (please bring your own).
- The toilets in the building will not be accessible for the time being.
- Returned books will be quarantined before they can be borrowed again.
- The due date of all books on loan is extended until 30 June.
We are not currently accepting donations of books for the Book Sale.
The Library in English is an English-language library a short walk from the station, close by the lake. Every week, we add to our collection of more than 10'000 books. We welcome all who want to read in English and offer a wide range of fiction and non-fiction for adults and children. The Library is wheelchair accessible.
Find out more about the benefits and price of memberships.
The Library also hosts twice-yearly second-hand book sales.
How to find us
Our address is 3 rue de Monthoux, 1201 Geneva. We are located in the Emmanuel Church building, but are not a religious organisation.
Getting to the Library by public transport
Getting to the Library by car
The nearest car park for the Library is the Kempinski & Plantamour car park located under the Hotel Kempinski (which is just across the street from the Library). Note the entry for the parking is in the rue de la Cloche (not the rue de Monthoux).
|Tuesday||13:00 - 16:00|
|Saturday||13:00 - 16:00|